In 40 Questions About Heaven and Hell
, Alan Gomes surveys the Old and New Testaments to present a comprehensive picture of the afterlife. The question-and-answer format makes it easy to find answers to specific questions on heaven, hell, the intermediate state, the final judgment, and life in eternity. Readers will find solid answers to many vital questions:
- What should we conclude about those who claim to have seen heaven or hell?
- Is it possible for us to communicate with the dead?
- Is there such a place as purgatory?
- What will our resurrected bodies be like?
- What will we do in the eternal state?
- Will there be animals in the eternal state?
- What is hell like?
- How can a God of love send people to an eternal hell?
- Did Jesus "descend into hell" like the Apostles' Creed says?
Study notes point to additional resources for learning, and reflection questions at the end of each chapter make the book ideal for small group studies.