The main purpose of this book is to introduce the essential theories and tools for production (manufacturing operations) management for students in engineering, junior professionals in supply chain and production managers who are starting their career in a manufacturing firm.
With a focus on selected key techniques and a practical application of these skills, the book uses a real-world inspired case studies while providing readers with in-depth exploration. Designed as a coaching handbook for instructors or motivated self-learners, it is an ideal resource for project-based learning.
It is suitable for graduates in technology management and engineering, and professionals in the field of manufacturing who want to revise their practical knowledge while enhancing theoretical background.Contents:
- Manufacturing Operations Management
- Basic Concepts and Definitions
- Demand Management and Forecasting
- Manufacturing Operations Planning
- Inventory Management
- Just in Time and Kanban Management
Advanced undergraduate and graduate students in Engineering who are willing to work as a production manager in manufacturing companies; graduate students in Management of Technologies and Entrepreneurship; Professionals in the field of manufacturing who want to revise their practical knowledge while enhancing theoretical background. Key Features:
- The book can be bought per chapter since each chapter deals with a separate subject starting from the theoretical introduction going down to in depth applications. It concerns particularly chapter 3, 4, 5 and 6
- We can provide the exercise materials which are already developed in Excel and used in the above-mentioned class as a learning template. It is also separated into each chapter's subject while including tools and detailed case study data
- The book can be used for a similar course which requires intensive project sessions so as to following our method. For the instructors, we can provide other materials, but still open to discuss